Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Dilemma time again..... Should I stay or should I go?

It's been a while. I have been quiet because I have fallen in love and driving my new love madly, deeply, daily. Yes, it has been fun and exhilarating driving the Ultimate Driving Machine. Things have never been the same. Time seems to have become more precious and everything seems more valuable, classy and fulfilling with him. I literally find myself having more time after having him around.... Well, it's also due to the fact that I wake up earlier and also make an effort to make time as I want to ensure I don't get stuck in too much traffic and I can get a GOOD parking spot if I am earlier to my destination. Yes, I love him so much that I don't want to travel with him where there is too much traffic and if there's no proper parking lot for him. Yes, I am that An*l..... but I insist. I am fussy, yes, but it's my prerogative, *fiercely protecting my baby*.

My Ultimate Driving Machine

Anyway, as good times flies by quickly, it's almost time to make crucial decisions again. It's really hard for me to let him go as he is one of my first true love and he has shown me a world that I have only dare to dream about. He has open up doors and windows of opportunities and experiences that goes way beyond my territory and I am ever so grateful. There is many, many temptations to upgrade out there and I still think my baby is the best - so value for money. 

To be honest, the ride wasn't always cruising calm (I wouldn't have stories to tell if I didn't have to cross some bumps along the way). He does come with his tantrums and required attention (comes with the territory of being the Ultimate Driving Machine) which has to be attended to in a timely fashion (aka immediately) but once you get used to stroking him the way he needs to be, everything falls into place. The BRSI plan which I had came in  very handy as it got me everything for free, inclusive of wiper, free parts inclusive of brakes and batteries, and free labour (and free nasi lemak, haha). I only had to take care of tyres, bulbs and that's about all.... In fact, I didn't change batteries until after 5 years (after the BRSI)... and tyres only after 4 years.... I had pretty low mileage despite driving it daily. And due to the 1.6 Turbo 4 cylinder engine, fuel consumption was super efficient.

The One Battery I didn't murder but had to let go after 5 years
Low Mileage after 6 years



i



Oh I can't bear to see anymore pictures of him. I have to go to him now. Can't bear to stay away too long from him.... as they say, "Time flies when you are having fun". It does, but then again, when I am with him, "Time seems to stand still .... as we seem to fly faster than time itself."  Sigh, my baby and I have spent some beautiful times together and it's dilemma time again - should I get the new 318i or stick with my 316i? Oh decisions, decisions... Ok ok let's do that table comparisons again. 



*Click on the table for a clearer view.

RM44K to be spent if i keep 316i .... RM70K  (inclusive of RM20K maintenance minus 65K depreciated value I get back in 6 years) to be spent for 318i.

Seems like the odds are skewed towards keeping my 316i baby..... 😥😥😥.... Well I think I have to wait till the next best offer then - but only 26K different to get a brand new beemer.... Sighhh Dilemma Dilemma...



No comments: